In actuality, AI and machine learning use algorithms to identify patterns from complex data sets to help enhance the customer experience and this is exactly how it’s being used in phone calls. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Modern business is powered by technology and innovation and that is no different when it comes to the automotive industry. From the manufacturing side of the industry, we see advances in computing, navigation, sustainability, and regulation. When it comes to the sales category, dealerships are seeing innovations in service lanes and the customer experience. The most important touchpoint when it comes to a dealership is your calls. Luckily for dealers, we have AI and machine learning+J143 for that, too.
How AI and Machine Learning Helps with Your Phone Calls
AI and machine learning can appear to be threatening influences at first glance. All the talk of robots replacing humans can, at first glance, appear to be ominous, but really AI and machine learning don’t replace humans, they enhance our capabilities. The same can definitely be said when it comes to your phone calls.
Currently, there are no visions of robots taking phone calls in place of a sales rep. In fact, most AI and machine learning algorithms are developed to automate things, but not to the extremes that post-apocalyptic movies would have you believe. In actuality, AI and machine learning use algorithms to identify patterns from complex data sets to help enhance the customer experience and this is exactly how it’s being used in phone calls. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Cutting-edge technology has many applications, but machine learning and AI have been used in recent years to help with language processing. With 92% of all customer interactions coming from the phones (according to Salesforce), it’s essential that we optimize the phone call as much as possible. AI and machine learning are helping to achieve that goal. By processing language and the conversations you are having with customers about service or inventory options, AI and machine learning can derive data regarding which conversations resulted in the desired goal, then it can analyze which parts of the call likely led to that result. But anyone with an Alexa will tell you, AI isn’t perfect and humans are still needed to operationalize the data and make it useful to your dealership.
What Additional Benefits Does Your Dealership Get from AI and Machine Learning?
AI and machine learning are only successful if they have been trained appropriately‚ and to do that, you need data. Naturally, machines don’t think like humans. So instead they can be “taught” to analyze patterns and identify common outcomes based on those. For example, call monitoring technology uses AI and machine learning to identify which calls result in a sale or service appointment and then pinpoints the similarities in those calls to determine which elements lead to the boosts in revenue. Additionally, this is the kind of information AI and machine learning can derive automatically.
- Logs customer data: Technology can log important customer data, such as name, address, phone number, the reason for calling, and up to 30 total data points out of the call.
- Automation: AI and machine learning can glean powerful insights from your phone calls, including call intent and sentiment. When integrated with your CRM, this automation eliminates human error and reduces the time needed for manual human input. Puts the power of data at your fingertips with no additional work.
- Call transcription: Sometimes, you need to review what was discussed to find out where things went wrong‚ or right! AI and machine learning can take care of this tedious task with minimal effort and make it immediately available to you.
- Categorizes follow-up: The customer journey isn’t just a single-step process. It can involve multiple follow-ups through various touchpoints. AI and machine learning can accurately categorize leads in the appropriate categories to ensure no one falls through the cracks.
- Sends reporting on every call with suggestions for improvement: AI and machine learning enhance visibility into your phone calls and can even identify areas of improvement.
- Notifies you when an opportunity is missed: AI and machine learning can identify when an opportunity is missed and notify managers within minutes so that you can follow up and save the sale.
Take advantage of the gift that keeps on giving and use call monitoring powered by AI and machine learning this holiday season and beyond!